March 08, 2020
I’m a passionate problem-solver, invested in the projects I work on and the people I work with.
9 years of experience working on web applications, public-facing or otherwise.
I’m involved in the definition of the problem, the architecture and the implementation of the solution.
I optimise for the success of the team and of the project.
I strive to follow engineering principles and industry best practices such as testing, accessibility, GDPR, performance, continuous integration, refactoring and code review.
I’m comfortable with object-oriented and functional paradigms and often use both in my projects.
Always curious, I focus my learning efforts on subjects relevant to my current project while keeping a bird’s eye view of the industry.
- Advanced: MySQL, ElasticSearch, HTML/CSS, IIIF2, Rollup, Flow, A11y, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Intermediate: Docker, Bash, Git, nginx, Apache, SEO, Linux, Node.js, Cypress
- Novice: GraphQL, Clojurescript, Typescript, memcached, Svelte, elevator simulation
- Curious about: AWS, Kubernetes, Presto, Kafka, React Native, WASM, Clojure, Datomic, Next.js
- Being available and communicating with peers, stakeholders and clients
- Mentoring, training, teaching best practices: accessibility, security, tests, documentation
- Providing detailed feedback during code reviews
- Running meetings internally or with clients
- Attention to project management : deadlines, deliverables…
- Keeping up with critical external open source projects
- Keeping the bus factor as high as possible
Lead full stack developer, 1egal2, 2012 - current
For 2 years, I’ve lead the full rewrite (from scratch) of the company’s main product, Arkothèque CMS.
Team of 5 consisting of 4 developers and 1 designer.
The new product is now successfully in production.
Roles: general software architecture, CI Pipelines, tooling, consulting on hosting infrastructure, code review, QA, programming.
Utilizes: Symfony 4, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Cantaloupe Server, React/Redux, Rollup, Mapbox, RxJS, Dynamic imports, Docker, Bash, Bitbucket Pipelines, Cypress, Jest, PHPUnit.
Challenges: caching, security, performance, SEO, SSR, high volumes, HD media, flexible schemas, browser compatibility, authentication, migration.
Public archive management software.
Team of 5 developers.
Roles: senior developer, code review, consulting with clients, architecture of parts of the application.
Utilizes: Symfony 2, MySQL, ElasticSearch, React/Redux, Jest, PHPUnit, Cypress.
Challenges: security, high volumes, domain-specific standards compatibility, on-premise hosting.
Reporting and dataviz tool for local health-related actions.
Team of 4
Roles: senior front-end developer, code review, consulting with clients, architecture of parts of the application.
Utilizes: Symfony 4, MySQL, Elasticsearch, React/Redux, Mapbox, Paper.js, PHPUnit.
Challenges: security, data cleaning and analysis, statistics, geographical data.
Arkothèque - old version
Team of 3
Roles: junior developer, then developer.
Utilizes: jQuery, React, MySQL, canvas.
Challenges: on-premise hosting, high volumes, high traffic.
- Training tools for Hôpital Saint-Joseph - Developer
- Calendar management tool for Hôpital Saint-Joseph - Developer
- Archiphone - Front-end Developer
Junior developer, Global Product Service, 2011 - 2012
- web-based B2B tool to push products on big marketplaces (pixmania, amazon…). CakePHP, jQuery, MySQL, Rest, SOAP.
- B2B dropshipping platform. CakePHP, jQuery, MySQL.
- B2C ecommerce website. CakePHP, jQuery, MySQL.
IT Technician, Conseil Département des Hautes Alpes, summer 2011
Helpdesk, network configuration, Windows server and workstations maintenance.
BTS Informatique de Gestion, Lycée Dominique Villars, 2009 - 2011
- Application Developer
- Internship at Conseil Départemental des Hautes Alpes. I made a log processing tool for a proxy server using PHP & Perl.
- Highest ranking in class, 2nd highest in the district (“académie”).
Bac Sciences Economiques et Sociales, Lycée Dominique Villars, 2009
Specialty in mathematics
Active side projects
- Cuisine-ead, Domain-specific XML processing tool. Blog post
- Initiative Rocks!, D&D combat tracker. Blog post
- This blog
- French 🤙
- English ✌️
- Sports: hiking and skiing in particular.
- Travels: favorite destinations so far are Iceland, New Zealand and California.